My Biography

My name is Kim Estes. I am the Instructional Coach for Learning Technologies at Burleson ISD. I have a Bachelor's Degree in English with a minor in Art History. I hold a Masters' Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in Computer Education and a second Masters' in Instructional Technology Leadership. I am Secondary English certified and I am a Master Teacher of Technology. I am the proud wife of a retired Navy Chief and mother of six wonderful kids. I taught 9th and 11th grade English for 8 years before moving into the Learning Technologies department where I've been happily geeking out for the last six years. I run the district's two Moodle installations and our Wordpress Multiple User blog accounts, created the district iPhone App, and am responsible for technology integration training on all the secondary campuses in our district. I'm addicted to Starbucks, love Shakespeare and Jane Austen with a passion that borders on the ridiculous, love to laugh (especially at myself), and I love to take long rides with my husband on his Harley. 

Check Flash Mob Off My Bucket List - Led over 100 people in the BISD Convocation Flash Mob! I'm in the black shirt walking to/dancing on front row! Participants (Parents, Students, Teachers, Administrators) learned the dance from videos I posted to my website - and 2 group rehearsals. Woot! BISD ROCKS!